Monday, March 1, 2010

Intrapersonal --- Who would you want to be friends with in the novel? Explain.

I would like to friends with Atticus as he is portrayed as a man with morals, he will uphold justice even if he is the minority, he is very humble as he does not flaunt his strengths and instead chooses to hide them. If I befriended Atticus, I am sure that he will lead me onto the path of righteousness. Furthermore, he is very patient,and he does not demands much and I am sure he would not flare up if I made a minor mistake, thus I would not feel under pressure. He possesses courage in unique ways such as standing up for Tom Robinsons, the courage to stand against the majority. I find it extremely noble that Atticus pursues justice at the sake of his family being teased/mocked. By giving more priority to justice than his family, he shows that he has an extremely strong sense of righteousness. On top of that, Atticus loves to read books, by being a close friend with him I am sure to pick up the habit and it would be beneficial for my studies. Furthermore, he would be able to help me with my studies as he has knowledge. Hence, with him guiding me in my daily life, I can perceive the world I see today in an different eye, how people are being the victim of discrimination. I am sure that he would influence me to do the right thing and I would be like him when I grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment